I swear I don’t consume as much sugar as this blog seems to indicate. It just happens to be that when I do, it turns into a post….or diabetes.
Salted caramel cheesecake with a chocolate praline crust and topped with MOAR CARAMEL!
Had to throw in my pretty, thrift-store silver spoons.
MOAR SUGAR!!! Diet starts…tomorrow. Cheesecake today.
Mini Turtle Cheesecakes:
Makes roughly 1 dozen
(You’ll have some left over in case you want to pour on top of cheesecakes, or you know, eat from a spoon)
- 2 cups Sugar (just don’t look while you pour it and it won’t seem so bad)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- In a small saucepan, heat water and sugar over medium-low heat. Swirl (not stir!) the mixture every now and then. It’ll become a clear liquid once the sugar all dissolves/melts and then slowly, very slowly, it’ll get some color and bubble up. Keep swirling.
- Once it’s a nice amber, turn the heat to low and add the butter in increments, swirling the pan to melt after each addition.
- Add the cream and swirl (you can stir some now) until it’s a homogeneous mixture. (If the sugar is sort of hardening and not incorporating the butter and cream, turn the heat back up to medium until it does.)
- Salt to taste. Remove from heat and transfer to a glass jar and let cool at least to room temp (preferably chilled in the fridge).
- 1 1/2 Cups Pecans
- 2 tbs Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Stevia
- 1 tsp Salt
- Combined last 3 ingredients and then pour over pecans, mixing and coating well. Bake in a single layer in a 350 degree oven (or toaster oven) for 8 minutes or until they start to smell roasted. Be careful not to burn them. Let cool.
- 34 graham crackers (1 sleeve or about 2 1/2 cups ground)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Candied Pecans from above
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Caramel (I don’t remember how much, maybe a cup?)
- Grind the graham crackers to crumbs (I use my blender and just pulse in batches) and mix with the butter. Press crumb mixture into muffin tins or ramekins (or these wicked awesome silicone baking cups that I loooove), pushing crumb mix up the sides.
- Mix together candied pecans, chocolate chips, and enough caramel to lightly coat everything. Evenly spread this mix among the bottoms of the prepared crusts, set aside.
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup caramel
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and then add the eggs, beating until sort of fluffy. Fold in the sour cream and caramel. Pour into prepared crusts. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until done.
- Top with additional caramel and pecans. EAT!!!